- The MitSoPro team is delighted to announce the publication of three open-access books on migration and social protection in Europe and beyond:
Migration and Social Protection in Europe and Beyond (Volume 1)
Comparing Access to Welfare Entitlements
Available in: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-51241-5
Migration and Social Protection in Europe and Beyond (Volume 2)
Comparing Consular Services and Diaspora Policies
Available in : https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-51245-3
Migration and Social Protection in Europe and Beyond (Volume 3)
A Focus on Non-EU Sending States
Available in: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-51237-8
- One Research Assistant to conduct qualitative fieldwork on Romanian migrants’ social protection strategies (100% FTE, 1 year- possible extension)
Université de Liège (Belgium), Faculty of Social Sciences (FaSS), Centre for Ethnic and Migration Studies (CEDEM)
CEDEM is seeking to appoint one Research Assistant for the collection, processing and analysis of qualitative data on Romanian migrants’ social protection strategies within the framework of the ERC-funded project Migration, Transnationalism and Social Protection in (Post-)Crisis Europe (MiTSoPro). Data collection will involve spending varying periods of time in different European countries for fieldwork. The contract will have a duration of 12 months (extension possible, depending on funding).
Application deadline: 21st February 2020 (participants should be available for a Skype interview during the week of 24th February 2020)
Start date: As soon as possible
For further details: Call_Mitsopro_2020
- MiTSoPro Panels @ IMISCOE Annual conference in Malmö:
“Migration and Welfare (1/2): A dialogue on collecting and sharing data between on-going research projects“, Wednesday 26/6, 13.30-15.00 (slot 1).
“Migration and Welfare (2/2): Empirical evidence from on-going research projects“, Friday 28/6 13.30-15.00 (slot 10).
Full programme : https://www.imiscoe.org/images/conference-2019/konferensprogram-imiscoe-2019.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3xKNH6nsnHrH6B-TmO9fKXB1Y1isaDfDBN1vH0t5oIJEtTMfz84SlcblY
- The following article by JM Lafleur and Elsa Mescoli in the Journal Sociology was the most read article in this journal in 2018.
Lafleur, J.-M., & Mescoli, E. (2018). Creating Undocumented EU Migrants through Welfare: A Conceptualization of Undeserving and Precarious Citizenship. Sociology, 52(3), 480-496.
- In January 2019, Daniela Vintila was awarded the Special Mention for Academic Excellence in Europe at the official Gala of the League of Romanian Students Abroad (LSRS, the official forum of Romanian graduates of foreign universities, counting with more than 13.000 members and 40 branches around the world).
- Daniela Vintila participated as country expert for Spain and Romania in the project SPACEU2019- Helping EU citizens to exercise their political rights in EU Parliamentary Elections 2019 funded by the EC Action Grant under Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Commission.
- Jean-Michel Lafleur and Daniela Vintila participated as country expert for Belgium projects Fostering Awareness, Inclusion and Recognition of EU Mobile Citizens’ Political Rights (FairEU- project funded by Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Commission) and EUCITZEN Network (European Citizenship Rights- project coordinated by the Justice and Home Affairs Unit of CEPS and funded by DG JUST). In addition, Daniela Vintila participated as country expert for Romania.
- Our team member Daniela Vintila got recently elected as the new Vice-Chair and Secretary of the IPSA Research Committee on European Unification (RC3): http://rc03.ipsa.org/post/2018/07/30/List-of-newly-elected-members-of-the-IPSA-RC03-Executive-Board
- Our MiTSoPro member, Daniela Vintila, was recently elected as member of the Administrative Council of the Belgian Political Science Association (ABSP): https://www.absp.be/labsp/organigramme/
- Congratulations to our MiTSoPro team member Daniela Vintila for being appointed as the new co-director of the IMISCOE Standing Committee on Migration, Citizenship and Political Participation, together with Ana Magheritis and Luicy Pedroza. We wish them all the best for the new mandate!